1. White House Correspondents weekend is coming up and you don’t have any invitations to cool parties yet.
3. First thing to do is hit up that rolodex of reporters you talk to once a year. “Hi! Remember me?”
5. “Ok, there has got to be a party out there I can get an invite to.”
“I mean, I’m not important if I don’t get invited to stuff right?”
6. “GIVE ME AN INVITATION.” “GIVE ME AN INVITATION.” “GIVE ME AN INVITATION.”
“I mean, all my friends are getting invited to stuff!”
7. “Oh, here is a huge tech party and I totally know someone who works for them!”
8. “Ok asked. This has got to be a sure thing.”
“I’m getting desperate here.”
10. “Oh I’m gonna get all dressed up, and prance around…”
11. “Any chance I could have a +1 for your party?”
“Ok, sorry I asked.”
12. And this is kinda what its like getting into the party.
After waiting for an hour to get in.
13. And this is what it’s like standing in line for a drink.
14. And this is what it’s like trying to get one of the passed hors d’oeuvre
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›