During the shutdown, BuzzFeed was hard at work monitoring the social media of members of Congress to see what they were up to.
Here are some of our favorite posts.
3. Sen. Ted Cruz sat in front of a giant laser gun.
4. Rep. Eric Swalwell took a photo of his foot.
5. Sen. Mary Landrieu hung out with the stars of Duck Dynasty.
6. And Rep. Jason Chaffetz put a beard on himself.
7. Rep. Michelle Bachmann showed these kids all the monuments and memorials that they would not be able to visit.
8. Sen. Jeff Flake reminded us that Congress cannot shut down the sunset.
9. Sen. Al Franken planned on hanging out with Paul Simon, but had to cancel.
10. Rep. Darrell Issa tweeted a photo of himself on a rusty ship.
11. Rep. Henry Waxman found some poster board.
13. Rep. Aaron Shock took a picture of a rave on the Mall while jogging.
14. Sen. Claire McCaskill watched sports.
Gotta confess, slightly giddy over Mizzou and the Cardinals. Now @KCChiefs slam the Raiders for the trifecta.
15. Rep. Justin Amash was inducted into the Rebel Alliance.
18. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi contemplated her FDR bust.
19. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell bored the hell out of some kids.
20. Rep. James Lankford ate at Ben’s Chili Bowl.
21. Rep. Joe Kennedy wooed some little old ladies.
22. Rep. Debbie Wassermann Schultz went to this fancy black-tie thing.
23. Sen. John McCain went to this fancy dinner and apparently stood under a spotlight.
24. Rep. Patrick Murphy tweeted this photo of lovely Florida.
25. Obama made a sandwich.
CORRECTION: correction: Sen. Franken’s fundraiser with Simon was cancelled. An earlier version of this article did not reflect that.
- After almost a week, Brussels lowered its terror threat level to 3, the nation's second-highest. One of the suspected Paris attackers remains at large. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›