1. Today, in an unprecedented move, Democratic and Republican leaders of the Senate appeared together before the Judiciary Committee.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell made a rare joint appearance to argue about drastic overhaul of campaign finance law.
7. “Please leave three feet for freedom, gentlemen.”
9. And McConnell called Reid’s plan “an affront to America and our Constitution.”
10. After 20 minutes of bashing McConnell and Republicans, Reid called the minority leader his “friend” and asked to leave the hearing.
14. Reid, on his way out, love tapped GOP Sens. Jeff Flake and Ted Cruz.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›