While D.C. was, almost exclusively, obsessing over the political ramifications of our government shutdown…
…people elsewhere had other problems to chase.
2. Iran and Israel exchanged tough new words on nuclear weapons and force.
3. Cyclone Phailin hit eastern India…
India / Reuters
5. Hundreds of activists for various causes were jailed in Russia.
Handout / Reuters
8. This girl did not win the Peace Prize, but stole our hearts anyway.
9. Glenn Greenwald will start creeping on spooks from Rio now.
Via Sergio Moraes / Reuters
10. Oktoberfest happend.
Michaela Rehle / Reuters
11. These guys had their marriage somehow not work out.
13. And all of Boston gave zero fucks about your damn shutdown.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.