1. This is Peter Mayhew. He played Chewbacca in all three original Star Wars movies.
2. Mayhew was chosen for the role in part because he is 7 feet tall.
3. Mayhew is a fan favorite at comic conventions and travels often.
4. Walking long distances is difficult for Mayhew and he uses a cane or a wheelchair to get around most places.
5. The kickass part is, Mayhew’s cane is a lightsaber!
6. It is blue, 4 feet tall, and amazing.
7. Now, all this traveling is difficult enough for Mayhew as it is…
8. But flying from Denver to Dallas on June 3 Mayhew was stopped by the TSA and asked to surrender his iconic cane.
10. And he posted pics of TSA agents mulling whether to allow it on the plane. “Won’t allow me through the airport with me cane! Can I get a retweet?”
13. TSA eventually released the cane and this statement: “Because of the unusual weight of the passenger’s cane, a security officer alerted a supervisor.”
17. So TSA, leave Chewbacca alone!
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!