1. These days, the Obama administration is experiencing some of the coldest relations with Russia in decades.
But it wasn’t always this way.
2. In 1995, Russia’s first president, Boris Yeltsin visited New York to give a speech at the United Nations.
3. While in NYC, Yeltsin met with President Clinton and the two really hit it off. Media at the time predicted the meeting would be a disaster.
4. At a press conference after the meeting, Yeltsin, speaking directly to the press, mentioned the doom and gloom predictions.
This got Clinton chuckling.
5. He said to the journalists: “What you were writing was that today’s meeting with President Bill Clinton was going to be a disaster.”
6. “Well, now for the first time, I can tell you that you’re a disaster. “
10. And Yeltsin started cracking up when Clinton gave him a bro-hug.
11. And then they both started crying.
12. And this is how they left the stage:
13. And everyone left the press conference happy about the U.S.A. and Russia, except this guard.
14. If you have one miunute, you should watch this video to feel better about the world:
15. And Obama says:
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.