1. These days, the Obama administration is experiencing some of the coldest relations with Russia in decades.
But it wasn’t always this way.
2. In 1995, Russia’s first president, Boris Yeltsin visited New York to give a speech at the United Nations.
3. While in NYC, Yeltsin met with President Clinton and the two really hit it off. Media at the time predicted the meeting would be a disaster.
4. At a press conference after the meeting, Yeltsin, speaking directly to the press, mentioned the doom and gloom predictions.
This got Clinton chuckling.
5. He said to the journalists: “What you were writing was that today’s meeting with President Bill Clinton was going to be a disaster.”
6. “Well, now for the first time, I can tell you that you’re a disaster. “
10. And Yeltsin started cracking up when Clinton gave him a bro-hug.
11. And then they both started crying.
12. And this is how they left the stage:
13. And everyone left the press conference happy about the U.S.A. and Russia, except this guard.
14. If you have one miunute, you should watch this video to feel better about the world:
15. And Obama says:
- The Dutch Safety Board will release Tuesday a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over eastern Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›