1. The Sochi mascots look great in the Russian Olympic promo materials.
2. But their real-life actualizations are terrifying.
Julian Finney / Getty Images
4. People have dubbed the atrocity “Nightmare Bear.”
5. But Nightmare Bear’s reveal at the opening ceremonies melted retinas.
6. Viewers recoiled in terror.
7. And the internet went to work on Nightmare Bear.
18. Some saw irony.
19. And everyone wondered collectively why Russia didn’t just dig up the happy Olympic bear from the 1980s…
20. Good luck sleeping tonight.
In The News Today
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›