1. The Sochi mascots look great in the Russian Olympic promo materials.
2. But their real-life actualizations are terrifying.
Julian Finney / Getty Images
4. People have dubbed the atrocity “Nightmare Bear.”
5. But Nightmare Bear’s reveal at the opening ceremonies melted retinas.
6. Viewers recoiled in terror.
7. And the internet went to work on Nightmare Bear.
18. Some saw irony.
19. And everyone wondered collectively why Russia didn’t just dig up the happy Olympic bear from the 1980s…
20. Good luck sleeping tonight.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Thirty-one people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.