There are many whispers about Sen. Ted Cruz being a front contender for the GOP’s 2016 candidate pool. But one problem has emerged: Since he was born in Canada, Is he eligible?
So this weekend he released THIS:
Cruz’s Canadian birth certificate lists his mother as American born, which makes him an American citizen.
But even though Cruz left Calgary, Alberta, at the age of 4 and has said he would renounce his dual citizenship, questions still remain: How Canadian is Cruz?
1. Cruz’s first name is REALLY Rafael Edward, which sounds very Canadian to us.
2. When Cruz was sworn in as a senator, his wife Heidi and two daughters wore lovely red dresses.
Guess who else wears red for special ceremonies?
3. Cruz is SUPER polite to everyone. Look at him run with a box for Kirsten Gillibrand to stand on during a press conference.
Too kind, too Canadian.
4. Cruz also politely listens to other people! Not very American of him.
He even listens politely to his 2016 rivals!
5. Cruz has authored more than 80 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including nine before the United States Supreme Court.
WASHINGTON, DC - JULY 15: Sen.
Or was Cruz really just snowbirding during those oral arguments?
6. Ted Cruz chose maple leaf red for his campaign signs.
Guess who else chose maple leaf red to represent them?
7. Cruz was a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review. Which seems like a smoke screen, right?
8. Ted Cruz loves guns.
Guess who else likes guns.
The Trailer Park Boys.