This post has been corrected to properly attribute phrasing that was copied from the Federal Register.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
Some of these images are representations of the gift description provided by the Department of State and are not a picture of the actual gift received. All descriptions come from the Federal Register.
17. “Graf von Faber-Castell ‘’Perfect Pencil’ from His Excellency Jose´ Manuel Durao Barroso, President of the European Commission.”
16. “Gold medal created by the Czech mint featuring an image of President Obama from The Honorable Petr Tulpa, Mayor of Jablonec Nad Nisou, Czech Republic.”
15. “Six decorative ceremonial weapons presented in a glass case from His Majesty King Abdullah II bin Al Hussein, King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.”
14. “Large crystal table with an image of the American Flag from His Excellency Silvio Berlusconi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic.”
13. “One framed photograph of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II; one framed photograph of Prince Phillip from Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.”
12. “Bronze replica of a sculpture by Edgar Degas, entitled ‘Halted Horse’ from His Excellency Nicolas Sarkozy, President of the French Republic.”
11. “Two Krefelder Seidentuch silk scarves from The Honorable Gregor Kathstede, Lord Mayor of Krefeld, Federal Republic of Germany.”
10. “Two men’s Belstaff jackets from His Excellency Silvio Berlusconi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic.”
9. “Decorative gold coin with the inscription ‘Benedict XVI Pont Max Anno IV’ with the profile of Pope Benedict the XVI from His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, Holy See.”
8. “Stainless steel watch from His Excellency Mirek Topola´nek, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic.”
7. “Large silver vase with images of palm trees and sphinxes from His Excellency Nouri al-Maliki, Prime Minister of the Republic of Iraq.”
6. “Five sterling silver cocktail forks from His Excellency and Mrs. Yukio Hatoyama, Prime Minister of Japan.”
5. “Pair of 18 karat rose gold cufflinks in the shape of shields from The Honorable Stanislaw Tillich Minister-President of the Free State of Saxony, Federal Republic of Germany.”
4. “10″ x 6″ gold vase from His Excellency Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Prime Minister of the Republic of Turkey.”
3. “Francesco Basile gold watch from His Excellency Silvio Berlusconi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic.”
2. “Set of white mother-of-pearl cufflinks with blue sapphires in 18 karat white gold in a box made from shells and leather from Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, President of the Republic of the Philippines.”
1. “Large gold medallion with the Royal seal in a green leather display box from Abdullah bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud, Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?