If you were ever wondering where all the white people are they are here at this croquet tournament don't worry #sjcroquet
1. Once a year, the sleepy Maryland state capital of Annapolis becomes the center of the dignified sports universe…
2. …when the town hosts the best croquet tournament on the planet.
3. The match pits two great Annapolis educational institutions against each other: St. John’s College vs. The Naval Academy.
The rivalry has been going on for 30 years.
4. Every year, the team from St. John’s dresses up but the Navy team must wear their traditional uniforms.
This year, St. John’s team dressed as Greek philosophers.
6. But the croquet is only a fraction of what makes this event so special.
7. The spectators, arguably, are the most entertaining part of the entire event.
9. And dresses up like they’re in The Great Gatsby.
13. LOOK. AT. THAT. MONOCLE.
17. Killin it.
18. Just your typical croquet couple.
20. Yes. Yes. Approve.
21. Cute children abound.
23. There is also a great deal of pipe smoking.
26. The bro level is quite high as well.
But at least they are dapper in their top hats and capris.
27. There are also some non-traditional outfits.
28. SWAN + PEEPS HAT.
29. The contrast between military and elegance is wonderful.
30. And once all the eating and drinking is done, the Navy brass band sets up…
31. …and everyone just dances their faces off.
Especially this guy.