1. Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) vacations like a boss.
2. Over Memorial Day weekend, Flake took a secret four-day trip to this deserted island named Biggarenn.
3. The island is located in a part of the Pacific known generally for two things:
4. And guess how far away that is from his comfy office in Washington?
5. And guess what? He brought two of his youngest sons Tanner (15) and Dallin (13).
7. They only brought hammocks, a spear, snorkel gear, hatchet, magnifying glass to start fires, a desalinator and satellite phone at Flake’s wife’s insistence.
8. So how did this Senator and his kids eat on this deserted island?
10. …and then they would spear a fish.
11. Then swim with it back to shore through shark infested waters.
12. Flake tells BuzzFeed that the most dangerous part of the trip was “Swimming with the sharks with a fish on the end our the spear.”
14. There were coconuts they could eat off the ground and they ate “lots of coconuts” according to Flake.
15. They would cook all the food over a fire of brush they found and start it WITH A MAGNIFYING GLASS.
16. Fresh water? They would pump a desalinator for an hour every night to turn sea water into drinking water.
17. At this point, most of us would just be like:
19. Doing killer flips on the beach off a big rubber ball before spearing their food in shark infested waters.
20. When asked why he doen’t just go to Disneyland, Flake says “Everybody goes to Disneyland.”
21. Would Flake ever take a colleague with him? “Sure, if I can find another crazy Senator.”
J. Scott Applewhite, File / AP
22. You can watch Tanner Flake’s full video of the trip here:
23. Meet Senator Flake, the most boss dad in the United States Senate.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- Leaders of the U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, have voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.
- The Women's World Cup final is set: Team USA and Japan will play on Sunday ⚽️