1. The Capitol is a place all D.C. residents hold sacred and the dome inside the Capital is a special point of pride.
2. And a sizable portion of D.C. has given their out-of-town friends tours of the dome.
“Yea, I work here.” *brushes shoulder off*
5. And people are furious. Especially since it will be there for 18 months.
6. But our leaders are now demanding we embrace the new dome overlord.
8. It’s inspired us to decide what our new overlord looks most like.
11. That terrifying Giant Squid eye.
14. Stay Puft.
15. But Rep. Kevin Brady knows the real truth:
16. It is from space.
- The South Carolina Senate voted 37-3 in the first vote to remove the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds. The bill is expected to pass a two-thirds majority in its third reading on Tuesday, then move to the House.
- Greece has a new finance minister after Yanis Varoufakis resigned on Monday following the country's "no" vote on austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.