So Cory Booker is now the odds-on favorite to be the next senator from New Jersey. Here is how he has captured the hearts of people in Newark and on the internet.
Eduardo Munoz / Reuters
1. Be around to help out in normal situations (NOT PHOTO OPS).
3. Don’t be scared of the MEDIA!
Jim Urquhart / Reuters
4. When a bunch of cougars send you a campaign photo, tweet it!
10. Make your personality bigger than the celebrities who want your ear.
11. If the U.K. prime minister comes to visit you, take him to a local sports bar.
14. Show people what you are eating. That is kind of what the internet is all about.
And when Ben and Jerry’s is sending you valentines, you know you’ve done something right.
Just look at what his supporters tweet at him!
I mean, pizza. Everyone loves pizza.
15. The internet will create memes out of you. Embrace them!
Come on, look at how fun these can be.
17. If you find a rabbi, carry him around a little bit. He might like it.
(Just ask first.)
19. PEOPLE LOVE BIPARTISANSHIP. Be civil and engaging with the other side.
20. Take any opportunity you can to get a photo with a SpongeBob popsicle.
21. In the end it’s OK to just be a sweaty, regular guy.
22. BE PROUD OF YOUR PAST. PEOPLE LIKE SEEING WHERE YOU CAME FROM!
23. It is clearly OK to YOLO just a bit.
Takes the edge off.