1. The cold-blooded game begins by asking you to name every member of your doomed party, creating an emotional connection to each character.
2. Then you are smacked with a brutal lesson about class and value in society.
3. The entire game promotes over-the-top stereotypes.
4. People can mercilessly steal everything you have at any time.
5. The only fun part of the game is gleefully participating in the extinction of the buffalo.
6. And you always shot exactly 2,000 more pounds of meat than you could carry.
7. Other emigrants will try to buy an action movie’s worth of bullets off you while creeping you out.
8. For no reason whatsoever, members of your party begin to contract a myriad of painful diseases.
16. Someone may drown while wading across a stream three feet deep and lose everything you own.
17. And your mode of transportation can be smote from heaven as well.
18. After an inevitable death, you get the macabre option of conducting a brief funeral or simply dumping the body on the side of the road.
19. The game highly suggests the funeral option, as kicking the corpse of your relative off the wagon leads to a loss of morale.
20. You yourself will most likely die, out of the blue, from a now commonly curable ailment like diarrhea.
21. And after your entire party is dead, you will receive this uplifting message:
And in the end you learned the lesson that you have it pretty damn good compared to people 100 years ago.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who was accused of helping inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- Several people have been wounded after a shooting near Barcelona's famed La Rambla street, according to Spanish media.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.