28. Or having to facilitate constituent meetings that make you nervous.
For an issue you know absolutely nothing about.
27. Constituents not knowing how to address your boss.
26. Going through TSA every day on your way to work.
Santa is even wanded down.
24. People saying “You work for me!”
23. Dealing with your district offices.
22. Everyone back home thinking you are SUPER rich.
20. Is it a 5 o’clock or a 6 o’clock day?
And wait… do I have to wear a suit today?
19. Getting called a “staff ass.”
Which is short for staff assistant.
18. Not having interns to blame for screw ups.
16. Not getting to smoke in your office when “Boehner can smoke in his.”
15. Watching House of Cards and critiquing small inaccuracies.
13. Deciding whether to watch CSPAN-2 and CSPAN-3.
12. Being told that the person you are trying to reach in another office is “really busy” when you know what they are really doing:
10. Eating most lunches at your desk.
One word: CRUMBS.
8. When a reception is ALL THE WAY on the House side.
When a reception is ALL THE WAY on the Senate side.
An accurate map for reference:
7. Complaining about government-run health care when you have government-run health care.
6. Forgetting to wear a suit while still in session.
5. Listening to the married people in your office complain about their commute from the Maryland or Virginia suburbs.
4. Having to come up with stupid acronyms for your bosses’ bills.
Helping Home Owners Make Energy-Efficiency Residential Upgrades Now Act of 2008 aka H-HOMERUN Act.
3. Needing 2+ phones and having NO POCKET SPACE.
Personal phone, work Blackberry, campaign cellphone. I need a utility belt!
2. Having a master’s degree and feeling stupid.
Got a master’s degree? Yes, great. Then you can help with folding mail.
1. Getting rejected…
…until that person finds out that you work for Leadership.
h/t to all the bros and broette staffers who contributed to this piece by complaining at Happy Hour.
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- The New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the U.S. presidential nominating season, is on Tuesday.