1. You may know of the four-term, wartime president Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
2. But do you know baby FDR?
Yes, he is wearing a dress. At the time, boys from affluent families wore dresses until they were around 7 years old as a sign of stature in society. Franklin was 3 years old here.
3. FDR was born into one of New York’s oldest, most affluent families in 1882.
4. His grandfather made his fortune trading tea and opium in China.
And apparently loved to dress young FDR in a kilt too.
5. His mother’s family was independently wealthy as well.
NICE KILT ACTION!