This post has been corrected to or properly source phrasing copied from Karl E. Case’s Principles Of Economics and Wikipedia.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
2. You may know of the four-term, wartime president Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
3. But do you know baby FDR?
Yes, he is wearing a dress. At the time, boys from affluent families wore dresses until they were around 7 years old as a sign of stature in society. Franklin was 3 years old here.
4. FDR was born into one of New York’s oldest, most affluent families in 1882.
5. His grandfather made his fortune trading tea and opium in China.
And apparently loved to dress young FDR in a kilt too.
6. His mother’s family was independently wealthy as well.
NICE KILT ACTION!
7. And since Franklin was an only child, he was spoiled big-time.
9. And look wistfully away as he sat in this sweet chair.
13. He learned to ride, shoot, row, and play polo and lawn tennis at a young age.
16. Frequent trips to Europe made Roosevelt conversant in German and French.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›