This post has been corrected to or properly source phrasing copied from Karl E. Case’s Principles Of Economics and Wikipedia.
BuzzFeed takes its responsibility to readers very seriously, and plagiarism is a major breach of that responsibility. Please read our apology to readers here.
2. You may know of the four-term, wartime president Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
3. But do you know baby FDR?
Yes, he is wearing a dress. At the time, boys from affluent families wore dresses until they were around 7 years old as a sign of stature in society. Franklin was 3 years old here.
4. FDR was born into one of New York’s oldest, most affluent families in 1882.
5. His grandfather made his fortune trading tea and opium in China.
And apparently loved to dress young FDR in a kilt too.
6. His mother’s family was independently wealthy as well.
NICE KILT ACTION!
7. And since Franklin was an only child, he was spoiled big-time.
9. And look wistfully away as he sat in this sweet chair.
13. He learned to ride, shoot, row, and play polo and lawn tennis at a young age.
16. Frequent trips to Europe made Roosevelt conversant in German and French.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.