1. Eric Cantor was a really popular guy in the House.
He was majority leader, meaning he was second most powerful GOP member.
2. But this year, a primary opponent landed in Cantor’s home district.
The Virginia 7th.
3. His name was Dave Brat and he was from the tea party.
4. Brat did not like the way Cantor was running things in Congress.
5. And he openly challenged Cantor for not being conservative enough.
“David Brat rode anger over immigration in particular, and an anti-establishment wave in general…”