Senator Tom Coburn announced Thursday that he would retire at the end of this year.
He has been battling cancer and will be leaving his term two years early. Here are some solid reasons why everyone in Washington should miss him.
Does your senator’s beard have its own Twitter handle?
2. Every year he would come out with his ‘Wastebook’, detailing the most asinine levels of government spending.
3. He would use your bill as an umbrella if he disagreed with it.
Oh, you thought that was just for Fox News?
Take that senate floor.
5. And he made Van Jones look at him like this:
7. He has the greatest Facebook posts, including this one about a drunk communist panda.
And this one captioned: “Congress should stop monkeying around with math.”
8. He was willing to take on powerful members of his own party.
Including attacking wasteful spending in the U.S. military.
Not popular with many rank and file Republicans.
9. And he was respected across the aisle.
So here’s to you, Tom Coburn.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›