It's been an honor to serve w/@TomCoburn. I know he’ll continue to fight for the people of OK & hold gov't accountable for all Americans
Senator Tom Coburn announced Thursday that he would retire at the end of this year.
He has been battling cancer and will be leaving his term two years early. Here are some solid reasons why everyone in Washington should miss him.
1. He has such a gorgeous beard — other jealous senators stop just to stare at it.
2. Every year he would come out with his ‘Wastebook’, detailing the most asinine levels of government spending.
3. He would use your bill as an umbrella if he disagreed with it.
Oh, you thought that was just for Fox News?
Take that senate floor.
6. He is a doctor.
D.C. needs more of those.
7. He has the greatest Facebook posts, including this one about a drunk communist panda.
And this one captioned: “Congress should stop monkeying around with math.”
8. He was willing to take on powerful members of his own party.
Including attacking wasteful spending in the U.S. military.
Not popular with many rank and file Republicans.