Senator Tom Coburn announced Thursday that he would retire at the end of this year.
He has been battling cancer and will be leaving his term two years early. Here are some solid reasons why everyone in Washington should miss him.
2. Every year he would come out with his ‘Wastebook’, detailing the most asinine levels of government spending.
3. He would use your bill as an umbrella if he disagreed with it.
Oh, you thought that was just for Fox News?
Take that senate floor.
7. He has the greatest Facebook posts, including this one about a drunk communist panda.
And this one captioned: “Congress should stop monkeying around with math.”
8. He was willing to take on powerful members of his own party.
Including attacking wasteful spending in the U.S. military.
Not popular with many rank and file Republicans.
9. And he was respected across the aisle.
So here’s to you, Tom Coburn.
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›