4. This co-ed just learned that gravity causes you to accelerate at 9.8 meters per second squared.
5. This young man just learned that that is really fast!
6. This tree just taught this gentleman that all falling objects travel at 9.8 m/s squared, regardless of size.
8. Sir Isaac Newton was the first to accurately describe how gravity works in 1690. This boy just figured it out in 2013.
10. Where “F” is the force due to gravity, between two masses.
12. “G” is the gravitational constant that will always be there.
13. This cat just learned that gravity is dependent on mass differential.
14. And the young man in the middle just learned the force of gravity is dependent on distance between objects.
15. Acceleration due to gravity on the surface of the earth is g = GM/r2.
17. And “r” is the radius of the Earth (or distance between the center of the Earth and you, standing on its surface).
19. These two making out just learned about gravitational acceleration!
20. Einstein’s theory of general relativity (GR) is Gμν = 8πG/c4 Tμν.
21. It is a very accurate theory of gravity.
22. Where “G” (without the subscripts) is the gravitational constant.
24. This young lady just learned that Einstein was right!
28. …”Eg” is the amount of gravitational potential energy an object has when it is near the surface of the Earth…
29. …and “h” is height of object above the surface of Earth.
30. Marines now know about gravitational potential energy!
31. Large objects in the universe are also subject to gravitational acceleration: a = √(GMa0/r)
32. Where where “a” is the acceleration an object feels…
34. …”r” the distance between the object and the center of the galaxy…
36. This cameraman does not appreciate the mass of the universe.
37. Sadly, none of these equations can determine the acceleration of gravity between two bros.
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›