4. This co-ed just learned that gravity causes you to accelerate at 9.8 meters per second squared.
6. This tree just taught this gentleman that all falling objects travel at 9.8 m/s squared, regardless of size.
8. Sir Isaac Newton was the first to accurately describe how gravity works in 1690. This boy just figured it out in 2013.
13. This cat just learned that gravity is dependent on mass differential.
14. And the young man in the middle just learned the force of gravity is dependent on distance between objects.
15. Acceleration due to gravity on the surface of the earth is g = GM/r2.
17. And “r” is the radius of the Earth (or distance between the center of the Earth and you, standing on its surface).
19. These two making out just learned about gravitational acceleration!
20. Einstein’s theory of general relativity (GR) is Gμν = 8πG/c4 Tμν.
22. Where “G” (without the subscripts) is the gravitational constant.
28. …”Eg” is the amount of gravitational potential energy an object has when it is near the surface of the Earth…
31. Large objects in the universe are also subject to gravitational acceleration: a = √(GMa0/r)
34. …”r” the distance between the object and the center of the galaxy…
37. Sadly, none of these equations can determine the acceleration of gravity between two bros.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.