21. Working above 1,700 feet in the air! Ironworkers install final sections on top of One WTC on Friday, May 10.
20. “Iron workers and engineers prepare the beacon that will sit on top of One WTC’s spire.”
19. Beautiful view of One WTC and NYC’s skyline.
18. “From on top of One WTC, you can see the East River bridges, Brooklyn and Queens.”
17. “Workers install 3 communications rings on top of One WTC,which will bring back broadcast capabilities 2 Lwr Manhattan.”
16. “Window installers walk along beams at dizzying heights from the 102nd Fl., of One WTC to install curtain wall panels.”
15. Final 2 pieces of #OneWTC spire sit next to previously installed sections. When connected, One WTC will stand 1776 ft.
14. “Ironworkers courageously guide spire sections 17 and 18 into place.”
13. “Spire Gang From left to right: Kevin Boyle, Richie Christy, Brett Davis, Kevin Sabbagh, Mark Donnelly, Arthur Peart”
10. Ironworkers at #OneWTC look on as the final flag-draped section of spire is hoisted to the top of the building.
7. “Over 250,000 commuters will use the WTC Trans. Hub Oculus to connect with 11 subway lines.”
5. The WTC Crane Operator’s Spectacular View.
4. “View from north crane at the top of One WTC.”
3. The first large piece of the spire for One World Trade Center was lifted up to the top of the building.
2. “Barge carrying pieces of the spire for One WTC passes the Statue of Liberty on the way to pier 25 in lower Manhattan.”
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›