21. Working above 1,700 feet in the air! Ironworkers install final sections on top of One WTC on Friday, May 10.
20. “Iron workers and engineers prepare the beacon that will sit on top of One WTC’s spire.”
18. “From on top of One WTC, you can see the East River bridges, Brooklyn and Queens.”
17. “Workers install 3 communications rings on top of One WTC,which will bring back broadcast capabilities 2 Lwr Manhattan.”
16. “Window installers walk along beams at dizzying heights from the 102nd Fl., of One WTC to install curtain wall panels.”
15. Final 2 pieces of #OneWTC spire sit next to previously installed sections. When connected, One WTC will stand 1776 ft.
14. “Ironworkers courageously guide spire sections 17 and 18 into place.”
13. “Spire Gang From left to right: Kevin Boyle, Richie Christy, Brett Davis, Kevin Sabbagh, Mark Donnelly, Arthur Peart”
10. Ironworkers at #OneWTC look on as the final flag-draped section of spire is hoisted to the top of the building.
7. “Over 250,000 commuters will use the WTC Trans. Hub Oculus to connect with 11 subway lines.”
3. The first large piece of the spire for One World Trade Center was lifted up to the top of the building.
2. “Barge carrying pieces of the spire for One WTC passes the Statue of Liberty on the way to pier 25 in lower Manhattan.”
In The News Today
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›