With a decade of war winding down, many soldiers are returning home to their families.
If you are a soldier, here are some special ways to surprise your family upon your return.
3. You could dress up as a baseball player and walk up to your mom, who is being interviewed on the field.
4. You could have your wife blindfolded and dancing on Ellen. Then, while blindfolded she sits on your lap.
5. You could surprise your child-star kid sister while she is on a talk show.
6. You could replace the goalie at your daughter’s soccer practice.
WARNING: This may disrupt practice.
7. You could announce your return over the stadium loudspeaker at your daughter’s cheerleading competition.
8. You could scuba up to your family while they are on the beach.
9. You could dress up as Santa for Christmas without your family knowing.
Your mom’s expression will be worth it when they figure out that it’s you.
12. If your mom is a doctor, you could sit on an exam table.
13. You could dress up as the gigantic inflatable Colts mascot while your family is right next to you.
14. Or you could just be there to give them prizes during halftime.
For many videos of service members returning home, visit the Welcome Home Blog.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.