With a decade of war winding down, many soldiers are returning home to their families.
If you are a soldier, here are some special ways to surprise your family upon your return.
1. You could walk up behind them on an NFL field.
3. You could dress up as a baseball player and walk up to your mom, who is being interviewed on the field.
Make sure you lift her up in front of everybody.
4. You could have your wife blindfolded and dancing on Ellen. Then, while blindfolded she sits on your lap.
She will be really happy when the blindfolds come off.
5. You could surprise your child-star kid sister while she is on a talk show.
Just make sure you sit down and join her on the couch.
6. You could replace the goalie at your daughter’s soccer practice.
WARNING: This may disrupt practice.
7. You could announce your return over the stadium loudspeaker at your daughter’s cheerleading competition.
8. You could scuba up to your family while they are on the beach.
9. You could dress up as Santa for Christmas without your family knowing.
Your mom’s expression will be worth it when they figure out that it’s you.
10. You could just wait for your mom after a grocery run.
WARNING: This may interfere with the day’s study.
12. If your mom is a doctor, you could sit on an exam table.
13. You could dress up as the gigantic inflatable Colts mascot while your family is right next to you.
14. Or you could just be there to give them prizes during halftime.
15. You could just be on the other side of an elevator.
For many videos of service members returning home, visit the Welcome Home Blog.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›