1. Bart Simpson would be 35.
Bart Simpson was 10 years old when The Simspons shorts first appeared on the Tracey Ullman show in April, 1987.
2. Kitty Pryde would be 45.
In 1980 Katherine “Kitty” Pryde, AKA X-men’s Shadowcat, was 13 years old.
3. Doug Funnie would be 32.
Doug and his classmates were 11 in 1991. Which, by the way, means he was born in 1980 and is the same age as Harry Potter.
4. Ash Ketchum would be 25.
Ash was 10 years old when Pokémon premiered in Japan in 1997.
5. The Ninja Turtles would be in their 40s.
Eastman and Laird’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles first appeared in 1984 as a Mirage Comics imprint. If they were teenagers (13-19) in 1984, then their ages would fall between 41 and 47 years old today.
6. Sailor Moon would be 35.
Naoko Takeuchi’s Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon began serialization in 1991. Usagi was 14 at the time.
7. Arnold would be 25.
The Hey Arnold! crew were fourth graders (9 years old) when the show first aired in 1996.
8. Spider-Man would be 65.
Peter Parker was 15 years old when he had a fateful encounter with a radioactive spider — in 1962.
9. Tommy Pickles would be 22.
Tommy celebrated his first birthday in the first episode of Rugrats. The show premiered on Nickelodeon in 1991.
10. Jem would be at least 45.
Jerrica Benton, better known as rockstar Jem, was approximately 18 years old when Jem first aired in 1986. If she’s older, only her make-up artist knows.
11. Cyclops would be least 64.
Scott Summers, better known as the X-men’s Cyclops, was at least 15 years old when X-men #1 came out in 1963.
12. The Scooby-Doo Gang (minus Scooby!) are approximately 56-62.
The kids of Mystery Inc. were all teenagers when Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? aired in 1969.
13. Speed Racer would be 72.
Speed Racer first appeared in Shōnen Book in 1958. He was approximately 18 years old at the time.
14. Strawberry Shortcake would be 41.
The original incarnation of Strawberry Shortcake was a six-year-old girl. Her first appearance was not as a toy or in a cartoon, but on greeting cards designed by Muriel Fahroine in 1977.
15. Alvin and the Chipmunks would be 62.
The chipmunks’ ages are typically given as 8. Their first appearance was in 1958, on a novelty record created by Ross Bagdasarian, Sr.
16. Penny would be 39.
Inspector Gadget’s niece was 10 years old when the cartoon first aired in 1983.
17. Jonny Quest would be 60.
Jonny was 12 years old when Jonny Quest first aired in 1964. Hadji is the same age.
18. Babs and Buster Bunny would be 36.
Babs and Buster were both 14 years old when Tiny Toon Adventures premiered in 1990.
19. Robin would be 85.
Dick Grayson, the original Robin, was 13 years old when he first appeared in Detective Comics #38 in 1940.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".