3. T.S. Eliot, “The Waste Land”
Eliot took the line “Sweet Thames, run softly, till I end my song” from Edmund Spenser’s Prothalamion. And yes, that is the Thames.
14. Lewis Carroll, “Alice in Wonderland”
This is based on John Tenniel’s famous illustration of Alice finding the door to Wonderland.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›