1. Make Ice Cube Popsicles, Eat Them For Breakfast
Use leftover juice or yogurt to make an ice cube tray full of popsicles overnight. Start your day with a healthy treat that’s more fun than your usual bowl of oatmeal.
2. Use Cute Incentive Sites To Complete Your Work
3. Organize Your Books Chromatically
Because your house is happier when it has more rainbows in it.
4. Surprise People With Cupcakes
One of the best ways to feel better about yourself is to do something nice for other people. Bake cupcakes for your co-workers or classmates and surprise them with treats at lunchtime.
5. Pre-Heat Or Pre-Cool Your Favorite Socks
Is it hot outside? Is the AC broken? Stick a clean pair of socks in a plastic bag and put them in the refrigerator overnight. If it’s cold, run your socks through the dryer or leave them near the radiator. Brave the commute to work with prepared feet.
6. Make Homemade Soap Bubbles
Grab some dishwashing soap and make lots of bubbles. Here’s a list of bubble solution recipes for you to play around with.
7. Start A Spare Change Jar
Is there something you really want and can’t afford? Start a spare change jar and be one step closer to your goal. Nothing you really want? Set up a donation fund for a worthy charity and know that you’re saving up to do some good.
8. Learn New Words
Pick up a dictionary and point to a random word. Learn it. Alternatively, check out vocabulary sites like Oxford’s Save the Words. Congratulations, you are at least one word smarter than you were yesterday.
9. Glue Googly Eyes To Inanimate Objects
Get yourself a bag of googly eyes from the craft store, glue them to inanimate objects, then proceed to forget about them. Be surprised and laugh whenever you discover these items again.
10. Send Yourself A Postcard
Send yourself a postcard explaining all the things you’ve accomplished lately. Tell your future self why you deserve to be happy today. Bonus advice: use cat face postcards for optimum effect.
11. Fill A Room With Balloons
Try not to smile in a room filled with balloons, I dare you. Maybe your new balloon room is the prelude to a really awesome party.
12. Learn How To Find Four-Leaf Clovers
Pro-tips: Four-leafers are often slightly lighter in color than the surrounding three-leafers. The real trick to finding lots of four-leaf clovers is finding one; follow the clover’s runner to find more. The genetics that produced that single clover are shared by the entire plant.
13. Treat Yourself To A Surreal Compliment
Courtesy of The Surrealist Compliment Generator.
14. Re-Read Your Favorite Childhood Book
It cheered you up as a kid. Maybe you haven’t cracked it open in a long time. Now’s the time to do it.
15. Put Up A Bird Feeder
Whether it’s a DYI job or a feeder you bought at the local hardware store, put it in a spot where you can enjoy your new feathered friends every morning.
16. Save Seeds, Plant Them In Newspaper Pots
Recycle your old newspapers by turning them into starter pots for seedlings. Save seeds from cooking or just collect some from outside. Plant, water, and watch your new housemates grow! Bonus tip: planting herbs and veggies will facilitate yummy future cooking endeavors. You can find newspaper pot instructions here.
17. Put Faces On Your Food
It is a proven fact that consuming a happy pancake will make you at least 50% happier than you were before breakfast.
18. Watch Youtube Videos Of Babies Laughing
Five minutes of a baby laughing hysterically is five minutes of assured happiness.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›