1. Check out the Director’s Cut version of Kendrick’s video for “Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe.”
The video depicts Kendrick at a funeral, dressed in all-white, and the subsequent limo ride to the burial, set in a wide-open golden field. The video cuts between Kendrick riding alone in a limo and riding in a limo filled with party-going friends popping bubbly. They proceed to the burial ground, where the group erupts into a feel-good dance party, before the words “Death to Molly” appear on the screen.
There seems to be a lot of conflicted feelings on the part of Kendrick here. Does he feel like a sinner, unable to come to terms with the seriousness of death? Is this a homegoing, and a celebration of life?
“Death to Molly” seems to be a nod to the eruption of MDMA in mainstream culture; maybe it’s a plea for it to be over? Danny Brown seems to think so. Is he officially burying the trend?
Comedian Mike Epps makes a hilarious appearance in the video to baptize Kendrick in liquor and ham it up with him in front of the casket. Juicy J’s there, too, and Schoolboy Q previews a new song at the end of the clip.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.