1. Looks like Drake’s sensitivity may come with a hefty price tag.
2. Future was supposed to join Drake, along with Miguel, on his 39-city “Would You Like A Tour?” tour this fall.
3. But Future’s comments about Drake’s album in a Billboard interview earlier this month have gotten him into hot water with the Champagne Papi.
4. Future was dropping some usual rapper braggadocio about being the best, but made the mistake of name-checking Drake’s new album.
Page Six’s source revealed that Future’s managers argued with the magazine that his comments were off the record, and though the story online is now free of the incriminating quote, the writer Erika Ramirez’s tweets (above) remain.
7. According to Page Six, that’s what prompted Drake to kick Future off the tour.
Drizzy posted the photo above with the caption “Real fuckin talk” last week to Instagram, so you can guess where he stands on honoring the hand that feeds you.
8. Future tweeted that he was “misquoted” and seems to have tried to repair the damage by asserting his love for Drizzy, calling him family.
Page Six’s source says that the two rappers were attempting to work out their differences and negotiate, but after Drake’s side tried to cut his pay, Future decided to walk. Instead, he’s reportedly going to file a lawsuit this week for lost wages from the tour, totaling $1.5 million.
BuzzFeed reached out to both Drake and Future’s camps for official comment, but neither has yet responded.
12. UPDATE: Looks like the two were able to work out their differences, as Future’s reps have confirmed to BuzzFeed that he will still be going on tour with Drake. A statement will be released soon.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›