1. Andrew Lloyd Webber – who brought us Broadway classics like The Phantom of the Opera, Evita, and, erm, Cats (…) – is going to be producing a stage version of the hit 2003 flick.
In an interview with CBC Radio last week, Webber disclosed his plans to bring the group of rockin’ kids to the Broadway stage.
He told host Jian Ghomeshi:
“Another thing that I’ve just got the rights to that I am very excited about – there may be songs for me in it, but it’s obviously got songs in it as it stands – is that movie School Of Rock.”
3. “I will go from Stephen Ward, which is really going to be sort of a chamber musical, to a musical about kids playing the guitar,” Webber said.
If he pulls it off right, this could be a really great musical – a more amped-up version of Putnam County Spelling Bee.
4. The film – which came out TEN years ago – is definitely different than anything Webber has done.
5. We can only hope that Jack Black will reprise his role, because it’s really hard to imagine anyone else riling up and motivating kids in quite the same way.
6. There also needs to be an epic rendition of “Legend of the Rent.”
Cuz you’re not hardcore! (No, you’re not hardcore!) / Unless you live hardcore!