1. This summer desperately needed a Robyn video, and now we finally have it.
The video for Robyn and Röyksopp’s “Do It Again” premiered today over at Dazed, where director Martin de Thurah shed some light on the making of the epic six-minute video. Filmed over three days in four Mexican states, the video focuses on a revolution taking place in a castle, and the need for love and lust amid a world of chaos and violence.
“I worked with the idea of ‘what is our heart’s desire?’ – and I realised that no one in the world truly gets to live out their passions,” Thurah told Dazed. “We are all under some construct, whether you’re an atheist living in Denmark or a gay person in Russia.”
2. We get a little bit of Robyn being her delightful, wonderful self.
3. Röyksopp’s Torbjørn Brundtland pumping up his fist in a rallying cheer…
4. … while others run for their lives.
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›