1. So, Pharrell’s hat kind of stole the show at last night’s Grammys.
Christopher Polk / Getty
2. It inspired a lot of memes — some people thought he was inspired by Harry Potter’s Sorting Hat…
4. But really, the only logical explanation is that it’s the chapeau from the beloved book, The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry/The Little Prince
5. Or, rather, the boa constrictor who ate an elephant.
Antoine de Saint Exupéry/The Little Prince
6. Because everyone knows that mere grown-ups lack the imagination to see that a hat isn’t really just a hat.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry/The Little Prince / Via dwellintheland.com
7. And since we already know that Pharrell is a flawless time wizard who does not age…
8. … it makes perfect sense that he was channeling the little prince who taught us all to keep our minds forever open, forever young.
Kevork Djansezian / Getty; Antoine de Saint Exupéry/The Little Prince
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- After two previous missions failed, Russia's Progress rocket took off to resupply the International Space Station ?
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.