1. This is Pearls Negras, a teenage rap trio from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
2. You are about to fall in love with them.
Pearls Negras is made up of 15- and 16-year-olds Alice Coelho, Jeni Loyola, and Mariana Alves, who met in an after-school theater company called Nós do Morro in the Vidigal favela in Rio where they grew up.
3. Their song “Pensando em Você” (“Thinking of You” in English) is an infectious, trap-influenced baile funk number, complete with foghorns that act as call to summer.
4. The video was shot in the square where they all grew up and features their friends breakdancing and wilding out in the background.
6. … and it’s their video, so the women are the ones who get to do the ogling here.
Though, I mean, it’s hard not to look at the girls too, because they are stunning.
The song appears on the trio’s Biggie Apple mixtape they dropped late last year, produced by David Alexander and Jan Blumentrath, both of whom previously worked on music with Yo! Majesty and Florida rapper Dominique Young Unique. The whole mixtape is a high-energy affair, with spitfire flow from the group and rattling bass, and covers everything from crushes, to life in the slums, to a direct message to their president.