1. Sources have told Billboard that the Atlanta duo is in talks to headline the 2014 Coachella festival in Indio, CA.
2. One source says that it’s “all systems go” for Andre 3000 and Big Boi to unite and end Outkast’s hiatus, which started in 2007.
Another source tells Billboard that there’s been “some conversations,” about it, but either way, that’s music to our ears! BuzzFeed reached out to festival organizer Goldenvoice for comment, and we’ll update as we hear more.
Goldenvoice has replied to BuzzFeed’s inquiry; per their email: “Our official comment is ‘No comment.’ As usual, we won’t comment on rumors or anything until official lineup release.”
Meanwhile, Revolt TV’s sources say the reunion will “exist solely in the live setting, with no new album plans in sight, for now.”
In more promising news, Outkast collaborator Sleepy Brown reportedly put up a text photo on Instagram that read “OutKast Headlining Coachella 2014,” with the caption “Yep!!!” The post has since been deleted, however.
4. The festival, which kicks off the weekend of April 11th, is known for featuring big reunions, with past festivals bringing back acts like Pavement, My Bloody Valentine, the Pixies, and Rage Against The Machine.
5. It would make sense for the two to reunite in 2014, since it marks the 20th anniversary of their first album, southernplayalisticadillacmuzik.
- After almost a week, Brussels lowered its terror threat level to 3, the nation's second-highest. One of the suspected Paris attackers remains at large. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›