1. Young Money president Mack Maine tweeted out a thank you to Cedars-Sinai hospital yesterday evening, and announced that Weezy had been released from the hopsital.
2. Birdman, co-founder of Cash Money Records and close friend of Wayne, also tweeted his support last night.
4. Weezy received visits at the hospital this weekend from friends, including Drake and Nicki Minaj, who brought her mentor balloons.
5. He was first admitted to the hopsital last Tuesday after seizures reportedly brought on by a codeine overdose.
He was released just a day later, according to TMZ, but then readmitted after suffering yet another seizure. TMZ reported Friday night that the rapper was in a medical coma and being read his last rites at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in West Hollywood.
Lil Wayne’s camp took to clearing up the rumors on Twitter, assuring the public that Wayne was recovering.
6. On Sunday, Mack Maine dropped the music video for “Celebrate,” which features Lil Wayne and Talib Kweli.
“Pop a bottle and celebrate, we made it to a new day,” Lil Wayne sings on the track. The song and video were recorded when Weezy was in better health, but the message is particularly timely for the recovering rapper.
“I know the ocean runs dry and the sky gets dark
And ya don’t see what He’s trying to show ya
And I know the wall may seem tall
But if we help each other I guarantee we get over”
“Love, live life,” he closes out his verse.
7. “He just needs to get some rest, relax, take it one day at a time,” Birdman told Hot 97.
Sources tell TMZ that Lil Wayne is “feeling weak but he’s a lot better,” and that he plans to lay low for awhile as he recovers.