1. Did you know that Keira Knightley can actually, like, really sing? Because she can.
The British actress makes her singing debut as an aspiring singer-songwriter in her new movie Begin Again, and you know what? It totally works.
2. Keira sings throughout the whole movie, and now there’s even a full music video for one of the film’s tracks, called “Like A Fool.”
3. In the film, she’s dating none other than Adam Levine.
The two move to the city to fulfill their dreams of making it as singer-songwriters, only to break up after Levine’s character, Dave, gets drawn away by the limelight of the major label world.
4. And in the video, we get to see her slap the shit out of him.
5. The song is meant to be about closure, a hidden message from Keira’s character, Greta, to Dave.
“We wanted it to sound really simple and bare,” said Begin Again director John Carney, who also wrote “Like A Fool.” “The idea of leaving a song on someone’s message minder comes from life.”
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- A drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›