1. Someone was flipping through an Archie comic book when they came across a character named Katy Keene.
2. And basically realized that everything Katy Perry has done heretofore has been inspired by her namesake comic character.
Right down to the candy cane font. Just… wow.
4. It’s not THAT uncommon for pinup characters to have blue hair, though, right?
5. And it’s probably just a coincidence that they both like to wear their hair in loose pin curls while lounging on fluffy pillows…
Though, Katy Perry prefers pillows of pink clouds to Katy Keene’s heart-shaped one.
7. A lot of people like “borrowing” from Japanese culture, right?
8. Who hasn’t had a “jungle girl” moment?
10. Mermaids — always in fashion.
11. Katy P. and Katy K. are just soul sisters — they both love the ’80s…
12. Hangin’ in the sun in convertibles…
20. And now we know!
21. h/t: HitFix
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- Missouri executed Roderick Nunley Tuesday night for a 1989 rape and murder. It was the state's sixth execution this year, and the nation's 20th. ›