1. Someone was flipping through an Archie comic book when they came across a character named Katy Keene.
2. And basically realized that everything Katy Perry has done heretofore has been inspired by her namesake comic character.
Right down to the candy cane font. Just… wow.
4. It’s not THAT uncommon for pinup characters to have blue hair, though, right?
5. And it’s probably just a coincidence that they both like to wear their hair in loose pin curls while lounging on fluffy pillows…
Though, Katy Perry prefers pillows of pink clouds to Katy Keene’s heart-shaped one.
7. A lot of people like “borrowing” from Japanese culture, right?
8. Who hasn’t had a “jungle girl” moment?
10. Mermaids — always in fashion.
11. Katy P. and Katy K. are just soul sisters — they both love the ’80s…
12. Hangin’ in the sun in convertibles…
20. And now we know!
21. h/t: HitFix
- An explosion that killed 12 people in Tunisia's capital is being labeled a terrorist attack. The country's president has declared a state of emergency. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›