1. Remember JoJo? Her song “Leave (Get Out)” in 2004 made her the youngest artist in history to have a number one single on the Hot 100 chart.
2. Well, she’s been locked up in a contract and unable to officially release music for the last seven years, though she has been able to release a couple great mixtapes.
Here’s her video for “Andre,” off her mixtape Agápē, which she released last year.
3. But her fans have taken it upon themselves to help “Free JoJo” and create awareness about the singer’s label situation in hopes that something will change.
4. Their goal is to get a specific JoJo-related phrase trending on Twitter during a designated hour on Saturday.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›