2. “I done turned Havana to Atlanta”
3. “Boy from the hood, but got White House clearance.”
But Jay-Z shoots back on this diss track about his clearance, as it was revealed earlier this week that the couple’s visit was a licensed “cultural trip” by the U.S. Treasury Department.
4. “Politicians never did shit for me / except lie to me, distort history / Wanna give me jail time and a fine? / Fine, let me commit a real crime.”
Jay and Bey’s trip was criticized by Representatives Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Mario Diaz-Balart for being “tourism,” but the couple reportedly avoided the fanciful baller activities like lounging on the beach that one would associate with them.
Instead, the couple visited artists and musicians, a children’s theater group, and went to nightclubs with live music, Reuters reported.
Look at Beyoncé with those children – that hardly seems like a crime, right?
5. “I would’ve moved the Nets to Brooklyn for free / Except I made millions off you fucking dweebs”
Jay-Z also took shots at critics of his recent decision to sell off his one-fifteen of one-percent stake in the Brooklyn Nets, as he moves on to start his own sports agency.
“I still own the building, I’m still keeping my seats / Y’all buy that bullshit, you better keep your receipts,” he raps on the track.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›