2. “I done turned Havana to Atlanta”
3. “Boy from the hood, but got White House clearance.”
But Jay-Z shoots back on this diss track about his clearance, as it was revealed earlier this week that the couple’s visit was a licensed “cultural trip” by the U.S. Treasury Department.
4. “Politicians never did shit for me / except lie to me, distort history / Wanna give me jail time and a fine? / Fine, let me commit a real crime.”
Jay and Bey’s trip was criticized by Representatives Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and Mario Diaz-Balart for being “tourism,” but the couple reportedly avoided the fanciful baller activities like lounging on the beach that one would associate with them.
Instead, the couple visited artists and musicians, a children’s theater group, and went to nightclubs with live music, Reuters reported.
Look at Beyoncé with those children – that hardly seems like a crime, right?
5. “I would’ve moved the Nets to Brooklyn for free / Except I made millions off you fucking dweebs”
Jay-Z also took shots at critics of his recent decision to sell off his one-fifteen of one-percent stake in the Brooklyn Nets, as he moves on to start his own sports agency.
“I still own the building, I’m still keeping my seats / Y’all buy that bullshit, you better keep your receipts,” he raps on the track.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›