1. Grimes’ first official new song since 2012, “Go,” featuring Blood Diamonds, now has an equally stunning video.
2. The video, co-directed by Grimes and her brother Mac Boucher, is an epic homage to Dante’s Inferno.
3. In a press release, Grimes said the video is filled with clues, but is “abstract enough to just be a trippy visual accompaniment to the song.”
“It’s our take on Dante’s inferno,” Grimes wrote in a statement about the video. “The circles of hell reflect more contemporary issues though. We shot a bunch at the salton sea which is basically an apocalyptic wasteland filled with dead fish because of human carelessness, the bullet hole hallway a la korn freak on a leash etc etc. If you look closely you can find clues. Haha, but in the usual fashion it is also abstract enough to just be a trippy visual accompaniment to the song.”
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›