1. In terms of seeing these three ladies together again, 2013’s been really good to us.
They opened the year dropping the song “Nuclear” as part of their Love Songs compilation album, and then later that month Kelly and Michelle joined Bey on stage at her Super Bowl performance. But that was Beyoncé’s time to shine, and she had them sing along to her solo song, “Single Ladies.”
2. Now, Kelly’s invited her DC sisters Beyoncé and Michelle to feature on her own song, “You Changed,” an easy, breezy R&B joint.
The song is off her upcoming fourth album, Talk a Good Game, out June 18. It’s refreshing to see Kelly owning the spotlight on this song, and to see her former group members supporting her. The three ladies recorded their parts separately, but the result is a seamless, flawless (though we’re still waiting for a high-quality version!) showcase of why we loved these singers together in the first place.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›