1. 2 Chainz’s Crab Cakes With Mango Salsa
Step one in 2 Chainz’ crab cakes recipe is an important one: “Position yourself in a room surrounded by a handful of TVs playing Sportscenter with the sound off.” As you do.
Find the full recipe at ABC.
2. Beyoncé’s Easy Guacamole
Proof that EVERYONE loves guacamole — even Beyoncé.
View the full recipe at Yahoo!.
3. Rick Ross’ Tilapia With Cheese And Broccoli
Ricky Rozay says it’s the one thing he can make — but it’s a resourceful one!
View Rick Ross’ full description of how he prepares his tilapia at Bon Appetit.
4. Lady Gaga’s Secret Meatball Gravy Sauce
5. Barbra Streisand’s Instant Coffee Ice Cream
6. Celine Dion’s Stuffed Vine Leaves
7. Rolling Stones’ “Hot Dogs On The Rocks”
According to a 1967 cookbook called Singers & Swings In The Kitchen, “it would be hard to find a skinnier batch of boys anywhere, which is not easy to believe when you watch them eat Hot Dogs on the Rocks, their favorite American dish.” Apparently Mick Jagger is responsible for the potatoes and franks, while Charlie Watts added the beans.
Find the full recipe at Black Book.
8. Miles Davis’ Chili Con Carne
Miles Davis’ biography includes a recipe for his favorite chili con carne, which lists all the ingredients with not a single direction as to how to prepare it, save for, “Serve over linguine.” Jazz musicians improvise, after all.
Recipe comes from So What: The Life of Miles Davis, by John Szwed.
9. Justin Timberlake’s Granny’s Coconut Cake
10. Jenny Lewis’ “Tastes Like Chicken Tofu”
Because OF COURSE Jenny Lewis (of Rilo Kiley) has the perfect recipe for tofu that tastes like chicken.
Find the full recipe at Cooking With Rock Stars
11. Amy Ray of the Indigo Girls’ “Pasta Ceci”
A recipe created by her sister Laura and her partner Tracey, Ray says this pasta dish has become a family tradition. Bonus: it’s super easy!
Find the full recipe at Paste.
12. Moby’s Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
Moby’s been vegan for over 20 years, which means he’s had lots of time to perfect his vegan pancake recipe. He recommends you serve it with vegan sausage and fresh berries. Yumm.
Find the full recipe at Epicurious.
13. Miranda Lambert’s Meatloaf
Miranda Lambert requests her mama’s meatloaf for her birthday dinners, and reveals that the secret is to get down and dirty by mixing all the ingredients with your hands. And when in doubt, fry or add cheese!
Find the full recipe at Taste of Home.
14. Freddie Mercury’s Chicken Dhansak
Freddie Mercury’s longtime personal assistant Phoebe posted this recipe on the singer’s website, explaining that it combined the drier curry meat dish and dal, which was a favorite “moistening accompaniment” of his.
View the full recipe at Freddie Mercury’s official website.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›