1. If it’s been a while since you’ve played a Pokemon game, there’s a few things you should know before you get going.
2. The game has come a long way since Pokemon Red and Blue! Look, your mom doesn’t sleep in the kitchen anymore!
3. If you’re under 18, you’re going to want to ask your parents for permission before you play. Things get pretty raunchy.
5. Try to find some friends to play with!
Maybe some different friends.
6. Be careful when setting your nickname. With great power comes great responsibility.
8. You can let the game come up with one for you, but they’re going to make some assumptions that you may not be able to live up to.
10. Choose your starters well. You’re going to want a well-rounded team.
18. You’re going to meet some interesting trainers along the way. Like this one who seems to have forgotten that this is an all-ages game.
19. And this trainer who is maybe a little too into his pokemon…
20. And this trainer who is maybe a little too into eating meals with men.
Like, cool it. Nobody said there was.
21. Actually, you’ll probably end up relating more to Snorlax than the other trainers.
23. Some of the jokes are going to seem racist, but if you read them again, you’ll see that they’re just corny.
24. Really corny.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- President Barack Obama will unveil climate change regulations at a White House event on Monday. The plan is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".