1. If it’s been a while since you’ve played a Pokemon game, there’s a few things you should know before you get going.
2. The game has come a long way since Pokemon Red and Blue! Look, your mom doesn’t sleep in the kitchen anymore!
3. If you’re under 18, you’re going to want to ask your parents for permission before you play. Things get pretty raunchy.
5. Try to find some friends to play with!
Maybe some different friends.
6. Be careful when setting your nickname. With great power comes great responsibility.
8. You can let the game come up with one for you, but they’re going to make some assumptions that you may not be able to live up to.
10. Choose your starters well. You’re going to want a well-rounded team.
18. You’re going to meet some interesting trainers along the way. Like this one who seems to have forgotten that this is an all-ages game.
19. And this trainer who is maybe a little too into his pokemon…
20. And this trainer who is maybe a little too into eating meals with men.
Like, cool it. Nobody said there was.
21. Actually, you’ll probably end up relating more to Snorlax than the other trainers.
23. Some of the jokes are going to seem racist, but if you read them again, you’ll see that they’re just corny.
24. Really corny.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›
- The Justice Dept. has tightened rules on cell phone tracking, forcing federal agencies to get a warrant. ›