2. Some people call them tongue-eating louses, but that feels a little pejorative to me.
3. These lil’ cuties belong to a family of creatures called parasitic crustaceans:
5. (They’re called isopods, btw, and I guess they’re pretty into Doritos?)
13. THESE LITTLE DARLINGS ARE ALL TERRIFYING LITTLE TONGUE-BECOMERS!
15. Except, they apparently can bite, so be careful if you ever see one.
16. Which you may, because they do sometimes show up in the mouths of fish at supermarkets.
Deputy Editorial Director, Iron Fist of BuzzFeed