2. Some people call them tongue-eating louses, but that feels a little pejorative to me.
3. These lil’ cuties belong to a family of creatures called parasitic crustaceans:
5. (They’re called isopods, btw, and I guess they’re pretty into Doritos?)
13. THESE LITTLE DARLINGS ARE ALL TERRIFYING LITTLE TONGUE-BECOMERS!
15. Except, they apparently can bite, so be careful if you ever see one.
16. Which you may, because they do sometimes show up in the mouths of fish at supermarkets.
Deputy Editorial Director, Iron Fist of BuzzFeed
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.