2. Some people call them tongue-eating louses, but that feels a little pejorative to me.
3. These lil’ cuties belong to a family of creatures called parasitic crustaceans:
5. (They’re called isopods, btw, and I guess they’re pretty into Doritos?)
13. THESE LITTLE DARLINGS ARE ALL TERRIFYING LITTLE TONGUE-BECOMERS!
15. Except, they apparently can bite, so be careful if you ever see one.
16. Which you may, because they do sometimes show up in the mouths of fish at supermarkets.
In The News Today
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›