30. Hipster Dog
One of several big dog memes that found their footing in 2011, hipster dog played off of three of the Internet’s favorite things: puns, puppies, and bashing hipsters.
29. The Big Dog That Got Trapped In A Bathtub
There’s just something about bathtubs that dogs can’t wrap their minds around. File that away for a time when they attempt to take over the Earth.
28. Ryan Gosling’s Dog, George
Aside from belonging to Ryan Gosling, a favorite of one BuzzFeed editor in particular, George also sports a pretty wicked full-body mohawk.
27. The Dog That Stood By His Injured Friend While Waiting For Rescue
An incredible dog out of Japan, this pup stood by the side of his injured friend awaiting rescue after a tsunami destroyed most of the town they lived in.
26. These Dogs Dressed Like Ewoks
Brussels Griffons are known for their resemblance to various characters from the Star Wars films, but these two little ewoks really took things to a whole new level.
25. Insanity Puppy
An offshoot of the popular Insanity Wolf meme, Insanity puppy walked the fine line between adorable and terrifying.
24. Me Gusta Dog
Me Gusta dog LOVES popsicles. Who doesn’t?
23. This Dog Dressed Like A Beauty Pageant Star
BuzzFeed editor Matt Stopera attended the annual Tompkins Square Dog Parade dressed as an obsessive pageant mom, with his dog Benny dressed as a pageant contestant. Benny went as Antoine Dogson in 2010.
22. This Dog That Wouldn’t Leave His Owner Behind
When Cristina Maria Cesario Santana died in a landslide in Brazil last January, her loyal dog Leao spent days laying next to her grave.
21. The Dog Dressed As An AT-AT Walker
Plenty of people have dressed their dogs in Star Wars costumes, but this little guy dressed as an AT-AT Walker from Empire really nailed it.
20. These Surfing Dogs
Did you know that there is was a Surfing Dog Competition in 2011? Did you know five dogs tried to break the world record for most dogs on a surf board at once, but failed because all five dogs couldn’t stay on the board for the required 10 seconds? You do now.
19. The Dog That Crawled Home After A Tornado On Two Broken Legs
After a tornado carried Mason away from his home in Smithfield, Alabama, he spent over two weeks crawling back to his home on two broken legs. Because his breaks did not heal properly, he now walks with a severe limp, but his owners are just glad he survived.
18. The Dog That Babysits Other Dogs
Spotted in Hong Kong, this dog keeps tabs on all his buddies while their owner goes shopping. It’s clear that it won’t be long before dogs have absolutely no need for us.
17. The Dog That Welcomes His Dog Mom Home From War
Molly is so happy to see her mommy! Be right back, there’s something in my eye.
15. These Two Dogs That Got Into An Argument
What happens when you take a video of two dogs barking and howling back and forth and add subtitles? Internet gold.
14. The Dog That Doesn’t Understand Gravity
Much like Sisyphus, this dog ‘s eternal struggle with the forces of gravity will serve as a parable for all dogkind.
13. The French Bulldog That Wanted Out Of The Bathtub
There is noting more torturous to a puppy than spending a night being potty trained in a bathtub. Luckily, puppies express their displeasure with the cutest, tiniest little barks you’ve ever heard.
12. This Dog Visiting His Owner While She Was In Containment
This little guy went and visited his owner while she was sealed in containment after the Fukushima Nuclear Crisis in Japan in March. Just one of several stunning shows of loyalty from man’s best friend in 2011.
11. The Dog That Gets Out Of Fights By Faking Its Own Death
For those of you who don’t get into many scuffles, his is a really great strategy. Faking my own death has gotten me and my friends out of a lot of drunken bar fights.
10. This Obscenely Cute Pomeranian
Show me ANY cat that is as cute as this adorable little Pomeranian. In fact, show me ANYTHING more adorable that this little Pomeranian.
9. The Dog That Stole A Sled And Made His Getaway On It
This little scamp decided his owner was having a little too much without him, so he took control of the situation, and straight sled-jacked the dude. Consider this a shot across the bow from the future dominant species of the planet.
8. The Dog That Was Bad At Humping
Keep at it little buddy. You’ll get the hang of it eventually.
7. The YES, THIS IS DOG Dog
THIS DOG MADE IT TO THE TOP OF THE “FUNNY” SUB-REDDIT, AND QUICKLY TOOK OFF AFTER THE REST OF THE INTERNET GOT A HOLD OF IT.
6. The Deformed Puppy That Was Rescued From The Garbage And Learned To Walk
Harper was born with a condition that prevented him from walking normally, and was thrown in the garbage. Luckily, he was rescued by a woman named Erica Daniel and nursed back to health.
5. This Pug In Pug Slippers
It’s too bad Inception jokes have gone out of style, because this is the perfect opportunity. Eh, I’ll do it anyways…
4. The Dog That Is Terrified Of Julia Roberts
Can you blame him? Look at the size of that woman’s mouth.
3. The Dog That Refused To Leave His Dead Owner
When Navy Seal Jon Tumilson was killed in Afghanistan in August, his dog Hawkeye stayed by his side until the very end during his funeral in Rockford, Iowa.
2. The Dog That Tried To Get A Statue To Play Fetch
1. These Running Basset Hounds
These two floppy-faced basset hounds spearheaded one of BuzzFeed’s most viral posts of the year, climbing to over a million views over night.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›