1. You’ll hit a 30-yard wide fairway 20% of the time. You’ll hit a 3-inch wide branch 80% of the time.
7. Dozens of separate thoughts going through your mind during your swing.
8. Missing a put by a fraction of an inch, then watching your ball roll into the bunker.
9. You’ll only manage to hole a 30-foot putt when it’s for a 10.
10. When you sink a birdie, and immediately follow it up with two bogeys.
11. You’ll make 90% of your gimme shots. You’ll make 100% of the scoops you do after you miss your gimme shots.
12. You always have a great game right when a storm is rolling in.
13. Trying to remember if you shot a 6 or a 7, then being told you shot a 9.
16. You’ve heard a lot of golf tips, but this one is the only one that always works.
(Set your club in the flag so you don’t accidentally leave it behind.)
19. Not realizing you were about to hit a mushroom until after you’ve set up your shot and addressed the ball.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.