1. You’ll hit a 30-yard wide fairway 20% of the time. You’ll hit a 3-inch wide branch 80% of the time.
3. Trying to find your ball, and finding this marker instead:
7. Dozens of separate thoughts going through your mind during your swing.
8. Missing a put by a fraction of an inch, then watching your ball roll into the bunker.
9. You’ll only manage to hole a 30-foot putt when it’s for a 10.
10. When you sink a birdie, and immediately follow it up with two bogeys.
11. You’ll make 90% of your gimme shots. You’ll make 100% of the scoops you do after you miss your gimme shots.
12. You always have a great game right when a storm is rolling in.
13. Trying to remember if you shot a 6 or a 7, then being told you shot a 9.
16. You’ve heard a lot of golf tips, but this one is the only one that always works.
(Set your club in the flag so you don’t accidentally leave it behind.)
17. Of all the rules in golf, this is the hardest one to follow.
19. Not realizing you were about to hit a mushroom until after you’ve set up your shot and addressed the ball.
20. Losing so many balls that this seems like a better solution:
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›