1. You’ll hit a 30-yard wide fairway 20% of the time. You’ll hit a 3-inch wide branch 80% of the time.
7. Dozens of separate thoughts going through your mind during your swing.
8. Missing a put by a fraction of an inch, then watching your ball roll into the bunker.
9. You’ll only manage to hole a 30-foot putt when it’s for a 10.
10. When you sink a birdie, and immediately follow it up with two bogeys.
11. You’ll make 90% of your gimme shots. You’ll make 100% of the scoops you do after you miss your gimme shots.
12. You always have a great game right when a storm is rolling in.
13. Trying to remember if you shot a 6 or a 7, then being told you shot a 9.
16. You’ve heard a lot of golf tips, but this one is the only one that always works.
(Set your club in the flag so you don’t accidentally leave it behind.)
19. Not realizing you were about to hit a mushroom until after you’ve set up your shot and addressed the ball.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›