1. You could never do anything without your siblings getting in the way.
3. And when you didn’t see certain family for a while, they always mistook you for your older sibling.
5. You got hand-me-down everything: clothes, cars, school supplies…everything.
7. You were always the one who had to try something first.
9. It never felt like your parents were really paying attention to you.
11. If you had older brothers, you know exactly what a sleeper hold, choke hold, and armlock feels like.
12. You learned the hard way that asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission.
13. You were referred to as “the baby” until you hit puberty. Then after puberty as well.
15. But on the plus side, your parents couldn’t be bothered when you did something wrong.
18. You always felt the warm support only an older sibling could provide.
20. If you had older sisters in particular, you definitely had a few makeovers growing up.
22. But you also knew how to elevate a conflict, when you needed to.
Deputy Editorial Director, Iron Fist of BuzzFeed
Here Are The Top Stories