1. You could never do anything without your siblings getting in the way.
2. Your parents never got your name right on the first try.
3. And when you didn’t see certain family for a while, they always mistook you for your older sibling.
4. You were always the last one to reach any personal milestone.
5. You got hand-me-down everything: clothes, cars, school supplies…everything.
7. You were always the one who had to try something first.
8. Everything was picked over by the time it got to you.
9. It never felt like your parents were really paying attention to you.
11. If you had older brothers, you know exactly what a sleeper hold, choke hold, and armlock feels like.
12. You learned the hard way that asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission.
13. You were referred to as “the baby” until you hit puberty. Then after puberty as well.
15. But on the plus side, your parents couldn’t be bothered when you did something wrong.
17. It was always tough for any new person you were dating.
18. You always felt the warm support only an older sibling could provide.
20. If you had older sisters in particular, you definitely had a few makeovers growing up.
21. Older siblings meant you definitely couldn’t have nice things.
22. But you also knew how to elevate a conflict, when you needed to.
23. You never had a real babysitter. Both a blessing and a curse.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›