3. Remember: The report concerns the status of your software, not your furniture.
13. If it helps describe the problem, drop a graphic into the error report screen.
14. Try to isolate any environmental issues that may have caused the problem.
16. Give a second-by-second recap of the moments leading up to the crash.
17. Write the report as though it’s going to read by a dog or small monkey.
18. Try to express your emotional state at the time of the crash.
19. Always report errors, even if the crash occurs when the program is closing.
Deputy Editorial Director, Iron Fist of BuzzFeed
Contact Tanner Greenring at email@example.com.
Here Are The Top Stories
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.