2. Try to avoid comparisons to competing products.
3. Remember: The report concerns the status of your software, not your furniture.
13. If it helps describe the problem, drop a graphic into the error report screen.
14. Try to isolate any environmental issues that may have caused the problem.
16. Give a second-by-second recap of the moments leading up to the crash.
17. Write the report as though it’s going to read by a dog or small monkey.
18. Try to express your emotional state at the time of the crash.
19. Always report errors, even if the crash occurs when the program is closing.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 21 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, BBC News reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›