3. Remember: The report concerns the status of your software, not your furniture.
13. If it helps describe the problem, drop a graphic into the error report screen.
14. Try to isolate any environmental issues that may have caused the problem.
16. Give a second-by-second recap of the moments leading up to the crash.
17. Write the report as though it’s going to read by a dog or small monkey.
18. Try to express your emotional state at the time of the crash.
19. Always report errors, even if the crash occurs when the program is closing.
Deputy Editorial Director, Iron Fist of BuzzFeed
Contact Tanner Greenring at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›