1. Let’s start with something easy. Here’s the search for “heart”…
The regular search is all the boring clip art you’d expect, but add “tumblr” to the search and – WHOA, look at all those Instagram filters.
2. The search for “cross stitch”:
The regular search is all stuff you’d expect to see in your grandparents house, but the tumblr search is packed with ironic and subversive cross stitches.
3. The search for “camera”:
The regular search shows you exactly what you’d expect, but the tumblr search full of warm filters and quotes about life.
Aside from the bananas from Mario Kart, the regular search is just pictures of bananas. The tumblr search, on the other hand, has a picture of Angela Lansbury on the first page of results.
The pictures the regular search returns are really nice, but just look at those tumblr results. God damn gorgeous.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›