1. Let’s start with something easy. Here’s the search for “heart”…
The regular search is all the boring clip art you’d expect, but add “tumblr” to the search and – WHOA, look at all those Instagram filters.
2. The search for “cross stitch”:
The regular search is all stuff you’d expect to see in your grandparents house, but the tumblr search is packed with ironic and subversive cross stitches.
3. The search for “camera”:
The regular search shows you exactly what you’d expect, but the tumblr search full of warm filters and quotes about life.
Aside from the bananas from Mario Kart, the regular search is just pictures of bananas. The tumblr search, on the other hand, has a picture of Angela Lansbury on the first page of results.
The pictures the regular search returns are really nice, but just look at those tumblr results. God damn gorgeous.
- The Dutch Safety Board will release Tuesday a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over eastern Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›