1. First things first, Fort Collins is home to some of the best microbreweries in the world.
A short list of microbreweries in Fort Collins:
-New Belgium Brewing
-Odell Brewing Company
-The Fort Collins Brewery
-Black Bottle Brewery
-Freedom’s Edge Brewing Company
2. But also, home to one of the best major breweries in the world as well.
Well, one of its homes, at least. In fact, the Fort Collins Budweiser plant is the home of the famous Budweiser Clydesdales horses.
3. It’s pretty much the beer capital of the world. (Sorry Belgium.) We like beer so much, we throw a party called the Brewers’ Festival every year where downtown essentially shuts down so everyone can get drunk in the streets.
4. If ALL THAT isn’t enough, you can always show your appreciation for both beer and biking by “racing” in the Tour de Fat.
New Belgium’s annual celebration of bikes, beer, and crazy costumes has spread to ten other cities across America, but you better believe that tradition started right here in Fort Collins.
5. Speaking of bikes, there’s bike paths all over the god damned place in Fort Collins.
6. Actually, if the Great Outdoors is your thing, Fort Collins has tons of it. Hiking? Yeah, we’ve got that.
Fort Collins is essentially surrounded by parks and hiking trails. Horsetooth Mountain Park is probably your best bet.
9. Kayaking? Yep, try Horsetooth Reservoir.
10. Slightly more difficult kayaking? Why not give the Poudre River a go?
11. Fort Collins is so idyllic and picturesque, even Walt Disney looked to us as an example.
That’s right! The part of Disney parks called “Main Street, U.S.A.” that’s meant to look and feel like an ideal American town was inspired by and designed to look like downtown Fort Collins.
12. I mean, WE EVEN HAVE A QUAINT TROLLEY!
HOW MUCH MORE CHARMING CAN A CITY GET?! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?! A TROLLEY!
13. Fort Collins also has some of the best damn restaurants you’ll ever eat at. There’s Big City Burrito for burritos…
Look at that burrito. Just look at it.
15. And the Silver Grill Cafe for cinnamon buns, which is pretty much the only thing you’ll want to eat for the rest of your life.
16. Despite the entire population being on an all-cinnmon roll diet, Fort Collins in one of the healthiest cities in the country.
According to a 2012 Gallup-Healthways Survey, Fort Collins is the 4th healthiest midsize city in the US. And that doesn’t just measure physical health! It also takes into account mental health and overall well-being!
17. Like trees? Yeah you do. Fort Collins is lousy with them.
The Arbor Day Foundation, which is like king of the trees, has called Fort Collins “Tree City USA.” Whether you’re an Ent or just someone who’s really into trees, Fort Collins in the place to be.
18. There is not a better place in the world to raise kids. Everyone who grows up in Fort Collins will have fond memories of The Farm.
19. And no childhood is complete without a visit to the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery.
When I was a kid, it was called the Discovery Zone, but it’s still just as awesome.
20. And if that’s not enough, there’s always Nature’s Own, which has all the geodes and fossils any kid could ask for.
21. Also, Fort Fun seriously has one of the best mini-golf courses in the world.
22. Fort Collins High School’s mascot is a lambkin, which is a baby lamb.
Which doesn’t seem very awesome at first, but think about how bad ass you have to be to make your mascot a baby lamb. You REALLY have to back something like up with balls-to-the-wall ferocity.
23. Fort Collins is also home to Colorado State University, which is one of the best public universities in the country.
Especially if you’re going to school for agriculture. Future farmers of America take note.