1. After four years of college, you’re pumped for your first big-time job.
2. Brace yourselves, job world. I’m about to take you by storm.
Who wouldn’t want to hire a recent college grad? I’m young and full of energy and ready to learn.
3. You have a rockin’ cover letter and resume.
There’s no way someone won’t hire you. NO WAY.
4. Then you realize you’re technically not qualified for ANYTHING.
I know one thing I’m proficient in: Drinking wine.
5. When you don’t have something lined up, that’s when everyone starts asking you what you’re doing after graduation…
SHUT UP, WHY DON’T YA?! Give me some time. It’s not a race.
Okay, maybe it is.
6. You start becoming desperate.
Someone just pick me, choose me, hire me.
7. Commence the crying because you feel like a loser.
Isn’t there any job that DOESN’T require 3-5 years of job experience?!
8. There comes that time when you doubt everything you know (or thought you knew).
I KNOW NOTHING.
9. You come to the realization that there are no jobs for you. At least none that you want.
Meet future President and CEO of Couch Potatoes, Inc.
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›