1. In the late ’80s, the girl-group Kombinaciya was basically the USSR’s Bananarama.
Their look was saccharine girl-power with some serious ‘tude (check out the scowl on that one girl in the middle!). Much like with their Western counterparts, teased hair and windbreakers abounded.
- The Taliban has appointed Mullah Akhtar Mansour as its new Afghan leader.
- Airplane debris discovered Wednesday "very likely" belongs to the same type of aircraft as missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Uber drivers near the International Airport of Mexico City were pelted with rocks, sticks, eggs, and flour on Wednesday. Local authorities are investigating.